Monday, September 11, 2006

going back old skool, win98se..

well.. for some reason or the other, i end up getting some pretty cool, ie worthless, gadgets.. at the time of their initial release, they were super cool but by the time i get them, they are considered almost antiques..

my latest old skool toy is one of the very first Ultra Portable laptops, its a sony vaio pgc-505g... got good ole Win98SE on it at the moment.. but might try to go the ubuntu (i think thats how its spelled) linux route since its a pretty slim processor (200mhz) and only has 32mb of ram.. hehe.. a healthy 2gb hd..



its good to work in IT at a place that has money to spend.. :) they like to buy cool things and usually resell old items to employees.. hoping to get a nice Dell X300 for like $100 when we upgrade.. plus, since i work w/em all day, i can fix them w/o a problem.. mobo swap on a x300 down to < 15mins (if i don't get any calls)...

been hanging out over at SE-NSE since i got another Sony Ericsson phone and their a good bunch of people, mainly europeans.. however on a side note, i did get taken for my money on a phone over there but that was due to my stupid error in judgement; i did get over 1/2 my money back from my bank.. my advice is to stick w/ebay and be sure to ALWAYS pay w/a credit card (most always carry fraud protection)...

oh yea! here's a few of my phones at work.. (treo 600,650,700p, moto q, bb 7130e, plus a the 700w and tons of crackberries..)



i really wish i could get into some sort of beta testing job for phones.. ya know? i know i'm a head of my carrier in regards to technology.. i am ready for TRUE cellular highspeed UMTS not this crappy ass EDGE (ie 2 1/2G not even 3G).. oh well, i guess i wait...
aiy.. back to my antique ultra portable...
:P


btw, i love my K00i's photoblogging feature.. so nice and easy!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home