Sunday, July 30, 2006

random geek notes on mda updates and amd x2 cpus...

well, updated my rom on my mda w/tmobiles latest.. so far seems pretty stable.. had to run a few registry tweaks to get things back but now am where i was before.. so i did a full backup again....

anywho.. this week i should be getting my Athlon X2 3800+ and my K800i!! so excited!! but been reading about the X2 and found a blog w/some useful info for any users who also run Media Center and record tv..

http://jtsang.blogspot.com/2006/06/amd-x2-cpu-issues-with-liverecorded-tv.html

the blog says to be sure to update your system drivers w/the latest AMD Athlon drivers from AMD... fixes probs.. also found a utility to help w/gaming slowdown w/the X2.. also on amd's site.. hopefully i'll see some good perf boosts in my photoshopping and video encoding.. :)

peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home